ZocdocAnswersMy 7 month-old baby does not crawl nor clap, it that normal?

Question

My 7 month-old baby does not crawl nor clap, it that normal?

My baby is about to complete 8 months. She does nt crawl nor clap. She does not look at fan. But she responds to her name and rolls over. Is it normal?

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your child's pediatrician. In general, it is important to remember that every child meets certain milestones at a variable time in their lives, and so it is not concerning if they do not meet one or two of all the milestones that they should be at during any given age. That being said, it is important to have your child evaluated by their pediatrician because if there is something concerning with regards to her development, it is best to know about this as soon as possible so that you know what is going on with your child and also so that you can have them be seen by the appropriate specialist and working on improving these issues as soon as possible. The history provided is very limited but do you have any other concerns with regards to your child's performance? Were they born full term or were there any other complications related to their birth or during pregnancy? Do you have any family members that have any issues? These are all important questions to consider and discuss with your pediatrician to help them elucidate what is going on with your child.