Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I have a lump of skin under my anus and I feel an acid like pain when defecating. Should I be worried?"

ZocdocAnswersI have a lump of skin under my anus and I feel an acid like pain when defecating. Should I be worried?


Hi I have cromes and lately I've had slight pains when passing stools at 1st it felt like acid pain as soon as I passed I had to wipe quickly to stop the stinging I've also been passing a lot of blood the last 6 months but it has calmed down but now I seem to have this like ball of skin under my anus it doesn't feel to painful but discomfort. Is this colon polyp or cance or could it be a hemeroid


Bleeding while having bowel movements can be caused by a number of things. Due to the wide ranging diagnoses, I suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor. Depending on your age, past medical history, and family history, you may be at higher likelihood for having some diagnoses versus others. Questions you may be asked by your doctor include when you first noticed the pain, when you first noticed the lump under your anus, has there been any change, are there any alleviating or aggravating factors? Do you have a family history of colon cancer? Do you have a family history of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's or ulcerative colitis)? If you are experiencing bleeding, you may have hemorrhoids, which may be either internal or external. You may have a fissure, which is a tear in the skin near your anus. Fissures can be extremely painful. If you have a lump near your anus, you may have a perirectal abscess, or pocket of pus that your body has formed in an attempt to wall of infection. Abscesses can form fistulas, or tracts between your anus/rectum and your skin where pus may drain. You may also have a polyp or colon mass (such as cancer) that can be causing bleeding. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without seeing a doctor. Please speak with your doctor for further evaluation.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.