ZocdocAnswersI have rashes which bleed on itching. What should I do?

Question

I have rashes which bleed on itching. What should I do?

My skin is dark near my hip. Full of rashes which are itchy and bleed on scratching. What should i do

Answer

This is an interesting problem, and I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from something like this. Rashes are quite common, but can mean many different things so it is important to speak with your doctor. One of the most common causes of a rash is chronic irritation from either an allergy or some sort of repeated exposure. For example, if you are allergic to the waistband in your pants, that could potentially explain the rash that you are having. This example is not likely, however, as it would be expected that anywhere that is in contact with the thing that you are allergic to would have the rash (ie, your other side of your body would also have the rash, not just one side). When you mention that the rash is in one isolated area and that the skin near the area is dark, it makes me concerned about something more serious than just an allergy or irritation. It makes me concerned that the skin in that area has been compromised by something, either problems with blood flow, infection, or something similar to that. It is obviously hard to say without any more information, but the symptoms you describe are concerning enough that you should please speak with your doctor.