Is is ok to use a blood glucose meter if you don't have diabetes?

Im worried about my blood glucose and wanted to know if it was ok to use a meter eventhough i don't have diabetes
Certainly there is no harm to you if you decide to use a glucose monitor to check your blood glucose from time to time. The process required to check your blood glucose is the simple prick of the finger and a small blood sample. If you choose to do this, you should always remember to clean your finger with an alcohol swab. This will help prevent infection from the small prick in your finger. My bigger worry is why you are concerned about your blood glucose. I think that you should probably schedule an appointment with your primary care physician to discuss this issue further. Perhaps you should undergo testing for diabetes so that you might be reassured that your blood glucose is fine without having to test it. If you truly do not have diabetes, the testing of blood glucose from time to time is probably not helpful. Today, the most common way to testing for diabetes is using the hemoglobin A-1 C test. This is a test that shows your doctor the average blood glucose you have had over the past three months. This is more accurate than a random blood glucose which is often dependent on what you ate last. I hope this answer helps.