What is this pain and redness on my leg?

About 4 days ago it start this weird pain on my left side calf (outside) and it hurtled every time I step on the leg, I noticed the pain steady,, one day ago that pain kind of went away but I noticed that tenderness started to bother ,, now it feels like burning feeling tender and I see some red tiny spots also the sole of the same foot feels the same I'm scare :( plz help
This is a good question. There are many possible causes for your symptoms so it is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss your symptoms and have a full history and physical. One possible cause for your symptoms of pain, tenderness, and burning followed by a rash is herpes zoster, more commonly known as shingles. This is caused by the chickenpox virus that was dormant in your nerve cells and has not become reactivated. It usually occurs in a band on one side of your body. It is more common in elderly people or those with a weakened immune system. Shingles is treated with antiviral medications. Other possible causes are a pulled muscle in your calf or referred pain from your knee. Pain could also be due to a blood clot in your calf, known as a DVT, or deep vein thrombosis. The tiny red spots could be blood vessels that have broken (due to swelling) or perhaps an allergic reaction to something you applied to help the pain, such as icy hot? Again, it is very important that you seek medical care as soon as possible to get a correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment.

Other Pain Management Specialists

• Dr. Anuj Malhotra
    Dr. Anuj Malhotra MD
    Pain Management Specialist
    5 East 98th Street
    New York, NY 10029
  • Dr. Neil Soni
    Dr. Neil Soni MD
    Pain Management Specialist
    9940 Talbert Ave
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708
  • Dr. Paramjit S Ajrawat
    Dr. Paramjit S Ajrawat MD
    Pain Management Specialist
    7327 Hanover Parkway
    Greenbelt, MD 20770