There are bumps forming near my anus. What could it be?

I am a gay male sexually active, i have noticed them about a couple months back. so far i have counted 4, one of which looks like a pimple because its white. they are near my anus. i have been practicing safe sex(condoms)
Thank you for your question. Bumps on the skin can be quite common, although the causes of the bumps are quite variable depending on your age, past medical history, family history, environmental and social exposures, and the location of the bumps. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a physician, so I recommend that you make an appointment with your primary care physician or local health center for an in-person consultation. Points you should be sure to bring up include when you first noticed the bumps, have they changed in number or size, do they hurt, does anything make them better or worse? Do you have a prior history of sexually transmitted illness? Bumps may be due to inflammation of hair follicles around your anus; this is called folliculitis. If the bumps get large, boggy, and painful, you may have a perianal abscess, a pocket of pus that forms as your body tries to contain a bacterial infection. You may have HPV (human papilloma virus) or HSV (herpes simplex virus). These can be tested for with a smear of the bumps that is examined underneath a microscope or with a laboratory assay. I recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation to receive a diagnosis and potential management plan.