Why do I get headaches when I stand up?

I am an 18 year old female. This has been going on for a few months now. And it can be a little thing like getting up from the couch.
It is difficult to tell from your description exactly what is causing your headaches, so I recommend that you schedule an appointment with a neurologist. Headache descriptions are very important for physicians when they are trying to determine the cause of a headache. One of the most important descriptors is what brings it on as you have described. It sounds like getting up from a sitting to a standing position is one of the precipitating events. I wonder where the headache is located? Is it throbbing in nature or constant? Is it one-sided or both sided? These are all questions that you need to think of the answer to prior to going to see your doctor. I will say that one of the possible causes of your headache is orthostasis. Standing up suddenly can reduce your blood pressure can cause blood to drain from the head. This often causes lightheadedness, but a headache could potentially be the problem. Of course the most common types of headaches are the migraine headaches in addition to tension type headaches. It is possible that you are just having migraines and that you are noticing the most when you get up from the couch which is not all that uncommon. For this problem, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a neurologist for further assessment of these headaches.

Other Neurologists