Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

" I am facing the problem of premature ejaculation. How can I get rid from it?"

ZocdocAnswers I am facing the problem of premature ejaculation. How can I get rid from it?


i ejaculate too quickly just in seconds after insertion of penis


Premature ejaculation is a common condition that many people experience. In order to review your particular case and to fully review all of the potential causes and treatment strategies available to you, it is important that you make an appointment to speak with your doctor. Premature ejaculation is caused by a sensitization of the penis, which triggers contraction and expulsion of semen prior to when it is desired. There is also a psychological component to timing of ejaculation, but this is a very difficult thing to alter on your own. In terms of extending the timing of ejaculation, there are multiple strategies that may be helpful. One of these options is to decrease the amount of sensation that the penis experiences during sex. This can be accomplished by using condoms. There are also other balms available that you can apply to your penis prior to sex which will decrease the sensation it receives. Another strategy to delay ejaculation is by practicing male Kegel exercises on your own. This consists of contracting the muscles at the base of your penis for approximately five seconds, releasing, and then repeating this as you would with weight lifting. This contraction can be accomplished by imagining that you are sucking up liquid into your penis from the outside. I know that this sounds strange, but if you perform this motion, it will result in muscular contraction. This strengthens the muscles that can delay semen travel into your vas deferens. While having sex, you can contract these muscles again to delay ejaculation. Finally, if this strategy does not work, there is a class of medications called serotonin reuptake inhibitors which are sometimes used off-label to treat pre-mature ejaculation. Again, please schedule an appointment to meet with your doctor to review your particular situation and the best treatment strategy for you.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.