ZocdocAnswersI am have throbbing pain on the left side lower stomach that goes into the leg and back of the leg. What could it be?

Question

I am have throbbing pain on the left side lower stomach that goes into the leg and back of the leg. What could it be?

right above the leg is the worst spot. was just that area and have now gone into the leg and towards the back. Where I use to hurt when I had gyno problems but, have had a hyst.

Answer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. It is difficult to tell from your question exactly what the cause is. In your cause, you will need to undergo a thorough review of your med history as well as detailed physical exam. You may also require blood testing or imaging studies to determine the cause. Therefore, I recommend you schedule an appointment with a primary care physician. After an in-person evaluation, this doctor can make recommendations on the possible causes of your symptoms as well as potential treatments. The area of your abdomen that is painful has many organs that may explain your pain. Rarely, appendicitis can cause pain in this portion of your abdomen. Constipation can cause similar pain. You may also be suffering from diverticulitis, which is an inflammation and infection in the end portion of your large intestine. You could also have a hernia that involves a loop of bowel becoming entrapped in an area of entry into the leg. As you mentioned, you could be experiencing pain from a problem with either your uterus or your ovaries. I encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a primary care physician, who can help determine the next best course of action.