What are the dangers of stoss therapy (vitamin D deficiency)?

Hello, today I took a massive dose of vitamin D due to vitamin D deficiency it was 300'000 Ui, I later read that it can be dangerous and cause hypercalcacaemia amongst other problems, I'm 28 years old and my vitamin D levels was 25. I read a study saying that from 100'000 to 150'000 it can cause problems, and also, I'm a very anxious person already, and I read it can cause anxiety, so I feel a bit scared already.. I wanted to know if that was a major concern, also I read that people doing Vitamin D treatment should have their Calcium levels checked weekly (to avoid too much calcium) and my doctors did'nt told me anything about that.. so I feel very concerned. If you could help me I would be very happy, and thanks for the help.
Thank you for being so involved in your care, as this attention to detail can help to keep you well in light of all of the different treatments and medications that so many people are prescribed. As with any medication or treatment, it is important to follow the recommendations of your doctor. If he or she is managing your low levels of vitamin D with this sort of treatment, then he or she should be able to answer your questions about how often the levels need to be checked. Certainly, there are various protocols that can be used to help doctors as they are treating their patients with low levels of vitamin D, and so it is important to understand where your doctor is coming from in the specific treatment that he or she has prescribed. As you have some concerns, speaking with the doctor who is treating is the best thing to do to get these answers clarified. Certainly any overdose of just about anything can potentially cause problems, so please discuss your concerns with your doctor to make sure that you are on the same page. Please speak with your doctor.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251