I have been having boils on my head now I have a lump in my neck. What should I do?

What could be causing them
Sorry to hear about your problem, and I recommend that you discuss your concern with your doctor. There are many different things that could be causing them, but the two different problems could quite likely be related. Boils can come from different things, including such varied causes as infections, bites, trauma, and even allergies. Your body can react to any of these by causing an aggressive local reaction that can be painful and not pleasant. When this happens, the rest of your body will prepare to defend itself from whatever has caused the initial insult, as well as what may have followed in its wake (ie, trauma to the skin breaks down a barrier of defense, and allows more bacteria in so that they can affect other parts of the body). When your body mounts a defense against this intrusion, it is often first noted in the lymph nodes. One place where lymph nodes are often noted first is the head and neck, due to the relative lack of fat in these areas. If you are having boils in your head and neck, then it is important to speak with your doctor to determine what is causing them. It is also important to mention the lump in your neck. Again, please speak with your doctor.

• Dr. Anand Devaiah
    Dr. Anand Devaiah MD, FACS
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    830 Harrison Ave
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. Gregory Grillone
    Dr. Gregory Grillone MD, FACS
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    830 Harrison Ave
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. David Walden
    Dr. David Walden MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    320 Superior Ave
    Newport Beach, CA 92663