ZocdocAnswersCan bacterial vaginosis cause your vaginal tissue to feel weird?

Question

Can bacterial vaginosis cause your vaginal tissue to feel weird?

My skin feel rough

Answer

This is an interesting question, as any bacterial infection can lead to certain abnormalities. I recommend discussing your concern with your doctor. Generally speaking, while pain, tenderness, foul smell, pain with intercourse, and other problems are often described, the roughness that you are describing sounds somewhat interesting. It is likely that any infection can cause a disturbance in the normal smooth mucosa of the vaginal wall, but if this symptom is persisting you should discuss it with the doctor who is treating your bacterial vaginosis. He or she may be able to provide additional insight as you are able to provide further explanations of what you are describing. Please speak with your doctor about this question.