ZocdocAnswersHow can I get rid of my pounding headache/earache/eye pain?

Question

How can I get rid of my pounding headache/earache/eye pain?

My head is killing me on left side so is my ear my throat and eyes i have a temp of 99.9 I cant sleep. The pain is bad I tries advil a muscle relaxer and nothing is working

Answer

So sorry to hear about your suffering, and I hope that you begin to feel better shortly. Your situation is a bit difficult to pinpoint as to what could be the exact cause, as all of these things could have multiple different explanations. That's why it is important to speak with your doctor. One of the first things that comes to mind is an upper respiratory tract infection. This can be marked by a low grade fever, ear pain, runny nose, watery eyes, and overall feeling lousy. As we all know, most of the time these will get better with a little supportive care and good hand washing, but it can be miserable while you wait to feel better. The ear pain will often be a sign of eustachian tube dysfunction, which can come when the tube that normally drains your ear becomes swollen due to a virus. This can cause a backup of the normal fluid that is made by the mucosa of the ear, and this can cause an increase in pressure that the body is unable to relieve, resulting in pain. There are other things that could be causing your problems, and so it is important to discuss this question with your doctor. Again, please speak with your doctor.