Will my OBGYN prescribe Clomid?

I have been actively trying to conceive for 16 months with no success but previously had a daughter 2 years ago. Im only 21 years old and dont feel the need to see a fertility specialist and cannot afford one either. Will my OGBYN prescribe something as simple as clomid to give it a try? If so how should I ask her?
If you have been having unprotected intercourse for 16 months in attempts to become pregnant and have not achieved pregnancy, then you definitely qualify for a fertility work up that can be performed by your OB/GYN. Since you have previously been pregnant, this rules out some of the different possible causes of infertility. The usual standard work up for somebody that has regular periods, but is currently unable to get pregnant includes imaging of the uterus to see if there are any problems inside that could be causing your difficulties of pregnancy. There are other tests that can be sent off including blood tests for certain hormones, but these may not be done initially if you're having regular periods. Regarding the Clomid, your OB/GYN will be very capable of prescribing a medication but it might not be appropriate for you. If your cycles a regular, then it is might be that you would not benefit from Clomid unless the images studies are normal. I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN today so that the two of you can discuss different methods of achieving pregnancy using intercourse timing, the potential use of an ovulation detector, and what worked up needs to be done to figure out why you're having trouble getting pregnant.