ZocdocAnswersDo I have a STD?

Question

Do I have a STD?

I'm not having sex but I'm having a white milky discharge coming out of my penis

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or other medical professional. From the limited history you have provided, it is not clear your age or whether you have never had sex ever or just not recently. It is also unclear whether you practice safe sex or not, or how many sexual partners. Without this information being available, it is best to provide general information regarding this issue and then you can discuss the specifics of your case with your doctor who will be able to get a history and physical examination on you and decide upon the diagnostic tests and treatment options available to you. In general, having white milky discharge is not a normal thing to be discharged from the penis and one of the most common causes for this is a sexually transmitted disease so it is best that you are tested for this and also that you alert any sexual partners to this if it is found that you do have an STD so that they can also be tested and be treated if they also have the same STD. Please speak with your primary care doctor.