Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I am 23 years old, but I have little hair under my arm/pubis and also little on my face. Is it normal?"

ZocdocAnswersI am 23 years old, but I have little hair under my arm/pubis and also little on my face. Is it normal?


Dear Doc, Am 23 yrs old and am asking for help i have an embarrassing problem that I it make me feel uncomfortable. Doc the problem is that i don\'t think that i haven\'t gone through any puberty stage. My testicle haven\'t increase, i have a little bit of pubic hair around my penis, little under my arm and also little on my face and it very frustrating i wonder if ever a time if my body is ever going to charge are what. please help !!


Thanks for your question, and sorry to hear about your problem. At age 23, it would be expected that you would have undergone puberty by this point. If you have very little pubic hair and you feel that your testes have not changed in size, it is important to speak with a doctor. This is because the answer to your question is likely going to require further questions and likely some testing to determine why you are having these symptoms, or why you have not yet undergone puberty. There are some conditions, many of which are somewhat uncommon, that can present in the fashion that you have described. Sometimes they can run in families, but at other times they can seem to be isolated. The good news is that, in most cases, there are medications and changes that can be suggested that can help you to treat this problem. Before treatment is possible, however, you will need to make sure that you have the correct diagnosis. An endocrinologist is likely a good place to start, as they have extensive training with regards to this sort of question. Please speak with your doctor about this question, and get a referral if needed.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.