When I was about 4.3 weeks pregnant I started to bleed. Did I have a miscarriage?

The blood was red/pink and light
You will need to make an appointment with your OBGYN doctor. Bleeding during a pregnancy could be a possible sign of pregnancy loss. The types of abortions are threatened abortion and inevitable abortion. Abortions occur naturally and is common in all animal species including humans. The reasons for natural abortions to occur are numerous but most of them are caused because the genetic make up of the embryo is just simply not compatible with life; thus, the body rejects the embryo since it will never develop into a fetus. The difference between a threatened abortion and inevitable abortion is the cervical os. Both can lead to a loss of pregnancy. A threatened abortion has a closed cervical os. An inevitable abortion has an opened cervical os. Women with inevitable abortions can see tissue mixed with blood that come out. Again, you will need to make an appointment with your OBGYN doctor. They will perform a pelvic exam on you to determine if your symptoms require any further tests or imaging. Between that time, if you have any further episodes of bleeding, you should go to your local emergency room since a large loss of blood can cause anemia, which can be dangerous. Anemia can cause lightheadedness, shortness of breath, and fatigue.