Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Is there any way that would stop me from ejaculating quickly during sexual activities?"

ZocdocAnswersIs there any way that would stop me from ejaculating quickly during sexual activities?


First I want to explain my story... I had a Girlfriend that used to live with me. We were very sexually active. All day, everyday. We broke up and she moved out. I was so use to having sex all the time that I had resolve my hormone problems. So I started to masterbate. It kind of got addicting , I started to masterbate a lot. Now I have a new girlfriend and now when we have sex I ejaculate way to quick. I use to last longer and even after i ejaculate I used to be able to stay erect but now i ejaculate to quick and my erection goes away. Is there any treatment or anything I could do to resolve my problem???


Premature ejaculation is a very common problem that many men face. We do not understand perfectly why this occurs but the good news is that we have treatments that tend to work fairly well. There are two types of doctors you could see for this problem. The doctor I would go to first is probably your primary care physician. If he or she is comfortable talking to you about this problem and has encountered it enough times in the past then you may just be able to get your advice from him or her. If this is not the case, then I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with a urologist. In any event, what your doctors are likely to tell you are that there are two or three different options. The first option is to stop start method. This encourages the man to periodically stop and then restart intercourse which helps reduce the likelihood of orgasm. The second two options are medications. The one that I have prescribed in the past is a medication called an SSRI. These medications are typically used for depression but they have a side effect of delayed orgasm. This can be particularly helpful in some men. The other medication is a topical lidocaine. This medication partially numbs the penis and prevents or delays rather ejaculation. Good luck.

Need more info?

See an urologist today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.