After 2 rotator cuff surgeries I was diagnosed "retear of thesupraspinatus tendon and anterior fibers of the infraspinatus at nearly 3 x 2 cm in with and length". What can I do about it?

I am a 71 years old male and I had 2 shoulder surgeries including the rotator cuff etc this year. Even so there is just diagnosed: “retear of thesupraspinatus tendon and anterior fibers of the infraspinatus at nearly 3 x 2 cm in with and length”. I thought I will get a third surgery, but my surgeon said: “No more than twice” and he has no alternatives. What can I do? Looking for another surgeon? I may send you all MRI’s etc I work alone in my own corporation. Everything depends on me and my hands.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had with your shoulder. It will not be possible to provide an accurate recommendation without a thorough, in-person evaluation. I encourage you to arrange an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon so you can obtain a second opinion on your options. The shoulder joint is a complicated joint that involves several bones, multiple muscles and tendons, and cartilage to line the joint. The rotator cuff actually refers to four muscles (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, and subscapularis) that help hold your arm bone against your shoulder blade and help your shoulder function. I cannot tell the details of your prior surgeries from your question, but it appears you now have a tear in two of your rotator cuff muscles. I cannot tell if these were present at the time of your prior surgeries or if they are new. Several factors must be considered with respect to shoulder surgery. Many patients experience complete relief from such injuries after undergoing physical therapy. If you are unable or unwilling to undergo physical therapy, then surgery is likely a poor option. After surgery, your shoulder must be immobilized for some time, and you will lost some of your range of motion. The only way to improve this is through physical therapy. If you have a poor range of motion before this surgery, you also may receive little benefit from surgery. Also, the risk of the injury increases with each subsequent procedure. These are all concerns you will need to discuss with an orthopedic surgeon.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons