I will get a pop like feeling in my throat usually after coughing. What is this?

I have bad sinuses and it tends to happen when weather changes (typically to fall).Once this happens it is extremely painful, hurts to swallow, talk and even hurts to keep my head up. I have to tilt my head to the side it hurts. The only thing to ever help was a liquid pain medicine.
This is an interesting question, and I am sorry to hear that you are suffering from this problem. There are many potential explanations. Bad sinus infections can cause multiple issues such as facial pain. Usually this pain is described as a deep ache rather than a pinpoint pain, but people can feel it differently. Often, people will also have drainage out the front of their nose or down the back of their nose when they have a sinus infection or chronic rhinosinusitis. If any of these are true in your situation, speaking with an ear nose and throat surgeon (AKA ENT AKA otolaryngologist AKA head and neck surgeon) may be helpful for you. He or she may be able to examine you and make appropriate recommendations to help you feel better. While there is no clear explanation, there are some people with sinus problems that will describe feeling a loud pop as their sinuses open. In the throat, there are multiple cartilages that move back and forth and can cause audible noises in some cases. Of course there are other problems as well, some of which can be serious. Please speak with your doctor about this question in more detail.