ZocdocAnswersI feel tingling, chest pain, shooting pains, weakness in my legs, warm sensations, and aching. What should I do?

Question

I feel tingling, chest pain, shooting pains, weakness in my legs, warm sensations, and aching. What should I do?

So basically about 5 months ago I started having nights where when I was about to fall asleep I would feel very weightless and like I was a spaghetti noodle. This really only happened at night though. Then about 2 months later I also started having tingling, chest pain, shooting pains , weakness in my legs, warm sensations, and aching. I went tot the hospital because my face/chest/and left forearm started tingling and tightening up. The doctor took an EKG, blood test,etc and all came back normal. My legs sometimes feel so abnormal and wierd that it's hard to walk. All of these things occurred randomly and spontaneously but frequently. Then there was a week where the symptoms completely subsided and they are back again at a lesser degree. Do you have any ideas of this could be? I am a 15 years old girl I exercise regularly eat a completely healthy diet I use no chemicals an I am very worried. Please any help is appreciated!!

Answer

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear about your distressing symptoms. In order to provide a diagnosis, I would need more information. I would need to review your entire medical history as well as perform a thorough physical exam, including a neurologic exam. You may also need further testing, including imaging studies. Only after collecting this information will it be possible to offer a diagnosis. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to see a primary care doctor to discuss these issues. It is difficult to identify a single disorder to explain all your symptoms. Your leg symptoms could be due to a neurologic process. This could be an issue with your spine leading to nerve root compression. It could also be a process confined to the brain. Alternatively, abnormalities of the muscles can cause similar symptoms. You would need to undergo a thorough physical exam to help narrow the list of possibilities. Depending on these results, you may need to undergo imaging studies of your head or spine or studies of your nerve function. Chest pain has many potential causes, including gastroesophageal reflux disease, costochondritis, pericarditis, myocarditis, coronary artery disease, and pneumonia. I strongly encourage you to see a primary care doctor to discuss these possibilities.