Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I want a healthy baby, what should I do?"

ZocdocAnswersI want a healthy baby, what should I do?


I m 25 years old.3 years completed for our marriage.hus 35 years .both hv o positive blood group.I hv 3 recurrent abortion.aftet that I done anticardiolipin 15.thyroid 10 high.taking euthyrox 50 mg now.after 3 abortion I had irregular menses 3 months .I m not ovulating.I took clomid 100 mg .on scan I got 22.2*22.2 cm ovary follicle told good result.I m taking folic acid, aspirin, also.taking duphaston 10 mg after ovulation for 10 days.hus taking neurobion for sperm motility.I m planning pregnancy now what to do


Thank you for this question, and we hope for the best in these situations. I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your doctor. While it's hard to make exact sense of all the parts of your lab and test results in this format, it seems that you are saying that you have had 3 spontaneous abortions in the past, have a positive anticardiolipin, some thyroid abnormalities, and also some concerns about spermatic motility for your husband (at least if I'm reading this information right). This does add to make a potential pregnancy more difficult for many different reasons, and working with an infertility specialist will be important to make sure that you get the help that you need. Folic acid is an important supplement to take when you are trying to get pregnant, but it is important to discuss any other medications that you may be taking with your doctor in this situation. While aspirin does have some potential health benefits, it's use should be discussed with your doctor if you are trying to get pregnant. Given the difficulties that you have had in the past, please discuss this question in more detail with your doctor, and perhaps request a referral to an infertility specialist.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.