Does a testicle lump and frequent urination always mean testicular cancer?

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I want to get ready for what I'm expecting. I'm 17, I have a lumb on my right testicle, It's been there since I was like 13. It's painless and it doesn't grow. I also think I urinate frequently. I go to the bathroom around 8 times a day. is there any chance it wouldn't be prostate cancer?
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, and I can certainly understand why you are concerned. In order to provide an accurate recommendation, I would need to review your entire medical history and also perform a thorough physical exam, including a testicular exam. Only after collecting this information would it be possible to comment on a likely diagnosis. I strongly encourage you to see a primary care physician to discuss these issues. Testicular lumps can be benign tissue growths and can also be part of the normal testicular structure. For instance, the epididymis, or series of tubes that help transport sperm, is often felt as a lump on the posterior testicle. As you mention, a lump can also represent testicular cancer, and you may require an ultrasound of the testicle to evaluate this further. It would be very atypical for prostate cancer to develop at your age, and it is extremely rare for it to present as a testicular lump. However, you will need to discuss this with a primary care physician. Frequent urination may be unrelated to this lump. Frequent urination can be secondary to diabetes. A urinary tract infection or infection of the prostate (prostatitis) can also cause frequent urination. I encourage you to raise these possibilities with a primary care doctor.

• Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Julien Dedier
    Dr. Julien Dedier MD
    725 Albany St
    Boston, MA 02118
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021