ZocdocAnswersI can feel my anus prolapse. What is wrong with me?

Question

I can feel my anus prolapse. What is wrong with me?

I frequently go to the bathroom due to the lack of my bad eating habits when I sit down I can feel my anus prolapse nothing major but goes back to normal when I'm done is this caused from frequent t straining bowl movements ?

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or another medical specialist who can perform a detailed history and physical examination and decide whether further testing is required and then take that information and decide upon an appropriate treatment plan. It is difficult to diagnose the cause of this from the information you have provided here because it is somewhat limited (no age, gender, medical comorbidites) but based upon what you have described, there is a possibility that it could be due to your eating habits, but there are also several other potential causes that could also make this somewhat more serious and require you to be evaluated by your doctor in a more urgent manner. Based upon your age and comorbidities, it is possible that there could be a mass lesion causing pressure within your abdominal cavity and causing the prolapse that you are experiencing. Your doctor can perform tests to see if that is indeed the case. If you notice bleeding or severe pain during these episodes this is also concerning and would warrant a more urgent evaluation by a doctor. Finally, if you become unable to pass gas or move your bowel this is concerning and requires urgent evaluation.