I am having leg pain, what could be causing this?

Hello, I am a 47 year old female and I have been having localized sharp pains over my legs and once the pain ends, where the the once was is replaced by a blue spot about 2 inches in diameter. Is this my veins exploding? This happened 4 times over a period of 3 months. What can be causing this?
Thank you very much for your question. Leg pain can have a wide variety of causes depending on your age, past medical history, local risk factors, and family history. You should schedule an evaluation by your doctor to undergo a thorough history and physical examination. Be sure to discuss with your doctor when and how you first noticed these pains, if they radiate anywhere, do they have associated symptoms such as swelling, numbness, or tingling? You should also discuss your other medical history, medication, allergies, and family history to help your doctor narrow down a diagnosis. Sharp pains in your leg may be from a simple muscle strain, particularly if you notice pain occurring after activity. The blue "spots" you notice may be related to varicose veins. Varicose veins are swelling of your veins that can cause discoloration and disfiguration as well as pain. The veins swell due to abnormal pressures and collecting of blood in your leg veins. Your primary care physician can help determine if this is the cause of your symptoms and whether compression stockings may be of help. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a physician. You should schedule an appointment with your primary care physician or local health center to receive a diagnosis and potential management strategy.