Did I scratch off a mole?

about two weeks ago I felt a bump on the back of my thigh, and felt a small bump. I scratched whatever is was off thinking it could have been a bug bight or maybe even a pimple or something. but now that I think about it I think it might have been a mole (I'm not 100% sure) the bump came back the next day swollen and it hurts when I touch it or even when I sit. the skin under it is also hard. I'm kind of worried if it's bad that my skin is reacting this way.
Thank you for your question. I recommend that you speak with your doctor about your concern. Your question seems to focus around the severity of the reaction that has happened over the last few weeks and whether or not the type of thing that you scraped off is the reason that you have had such a reaction. There are several reasons that you could be having the local reaction that you describe. One of the first things that comes to mind is the possibility that your wound could have allowed some of the bacteria into the tissues underneath. This can cause a local reaction similar to what you seem to be describing, where the tissues become inflamed, red, warm, and can be tender. In something like that, it does not always matter what the lesion of the skin is that was scraped off, it is simply the fact that the barrier to infection of the skin has been violated. There are many different kinds of bacteria that can cause the problem, and some occasionally need more aggressive treatment to be cured. Of course there are other things that can cause the redness that you describe, and injury to other lesions could cause similar problems. Please speak with your doctor.