ZocdocAnswersI have fever and my head is hurting. What could it be?

Question

I have fever and my head is hurting. What could it be?

Hello, i just wanted to ask, i have fever i THINK and my head is hurting i have headage and my throat hurts and sometimes my stomach. And for half an hour ago i was in class when i felt something coming from my nose. It was nothing, but in the other hole i felt something coming fast, so i put my shirt to see what it was, and it was blood, so i held my nose to prevent it from bleeding, then i ran out of class without saying a word, i ran into the toilet and it didn't stop until i came home. And i think that all this is caused by the syringe i got from the schoolsister. What's the problem? Do i have any diseases ? PS: My head is hurting now too!

Answer

So sorry to hear about your problem. There are a few different things that this could be, and I recommend that you speak with your doctor about this. First, it is possible that you could be having a regular nose bleed. These can be quite common, and are especially common during the winter months when the air gets dryer and there is less moisture to keep the mucosa inside of the air from drying and cracking. Nosebleeds can also come from other problems, some of which can be serious and require medical treatment, and so if it persists or you have other symptoms, it is important to speak with a doctor. With regards to the headache, this can also have several different causes. While some headaches are normal for some people, if this is a new headache or the worst headache of your life or if they seem to be getting worse or you have other symptoms, it is important to speak with a doctor to make sure there is no cause that requires rapid medical treatment. Depending on your age and gender, there are other conditions that may relate to your condition. That is why it is important to speak with your doctor about this.