I have a pimple inside my lips. What could it be?

sir, Last year i had a pimple inside the lower lip facing teeth. It was there on the lip for more than 4 months and it was not going . Then eventually it started going, but still it did not go fully. There is a small pimple like uplift there and the mark of that pimple is still there. But its small and i did not mind that all these months. its more than year over now and again a similar pimple came just below that old pimple . its little down of that pimple. i smoke daily, last year i had the habit of keeping a product named Cool lip inside the lips . i think it was tobaco. i stoped using that after the first pimple. Now am seriously in tension, i doubt its a starting of cancer when another pimple came near the old one. please help me, and tell me what i should do. thanks in advance
Thanks for your question, and sorry to hear about your concerns. It is impossible for me to adequately diagnose your condition, and you should therefore speak with your doctor about this condition. It is always appropriate to be concerned about cancer whenever you have a wound that does not heal as it should. Fortunately, however, there are many other explanations that could explain the symptoms that you are having. Many infectious condition such as viruses are quite common, and can cause painful oral ulcers on the insides of the lips or anywhere else inside the mouth. If you are using a product, such as tobacco, that decreases the body's natural ability to heal itself, the wound would therefore be quite likely to persist for some time. In fact, the product itself could be the cause of the painful lesion, although much more information would be needed before your doctor could claim that the product was the actual cause rather than just being associated. It is important to know that most doctors now recommend strongly against tobacco products of all sorts due to a number of medical problems it can cause. Again, please speak with your doctor about your question.

• Dr. Steven Miller
    Dr. Steven Miller MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. Matthew Jepsen
    Dr. Matthew Jepsen MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    22 S 900 E
    Salt Lake City, UT 84102
  • Dr. John Butler
    Dr. John Butler MD
    Ear, Nose & Throat Doctor
    4000 S 700 E.
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107