Can we found a treatment?

I know a little girl who had gotten a virus in her brain an the brain cells have been destroyed and now she can't speak, walk and even see. so can we find a treatment whatever is the price.
Thank you for your question, and I am so saddened to hear of what you are describing. It is always especially sad to hear of this sort of tragedy happening to a child, and I hope that there is something that can be done. More information would certainly be helpful, especially regarding the type of the virus, the age of onset, and the current symptoms. This information would help to clarify if there is anything that can be done to reverse the current symptoms. That is why the best thing to do is to further discuss this with your doctor. Unfortunately, it is often very difficult to correct damage to the extremely important nervous system. These cells and their connections are both very developed and very intricate, and loss of functions requires complex repairs that are often beyond the level of modern science. Fortunately, however, there are often things that can be done to minimize the effects of the symptoms. For example, there are devices that can be implanted to improve hearing in those who are essentially deaf. Speech therapy can be effective at helping people relearn many of the processes of speech. Ultimately, how effective any of these are will depend on the level of damage already done. A pediatric neurologist may be a good first start. Please speak with your doctor.

Other Pediatricians