search

location

insurance

close

Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"My fiance and I have been trying to conceive for over a year, and nothing seems to happen. What should I do?"

ZocdocAnswersMy fiance and I have been trying to conceive for over a year, and nothing seems to happen. What should I do?

Question

Dont know if im even ovulating, iiregular periods, endomitriosis and PCOS

Answer

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry for the stress this has been causing you and your fiance. In order to provide an accurate recommendation, I would need to know more information. I would need to review the entire medical history of both you and your fiance. I would also need to perform a thorough physical exam. In addition, you may require other testing. Only after collecting this information would I be able to provide a recommendation. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a fertility specialist. Difficulty with conception is a common problem with many potential explanations. As mentioned, it is important that couples try to conceive for a prolonged period of time before exploring other potential causes. The problem is just as commonly an issue with the male partner as it is the female partner. It could be due to a chromosomal disorder, testicular abnormality decreased sperm count, or abnormal sperm. For women, it could be due to premature ovarian failure, problems with the uterus, or hypercoagulability. Men may need to undergo a formal sperm analysis. Women may need to undergo a full pelvic exam or a transvaginal ultrasound. I encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a fertility expert.

Need more info?

See a doctor today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.

Find doctors by city
Find doctors by specialty
Find doctors by popular insurances