The upper outside of my knee on the right side of my left knee hurts when I run. Is there something wrong with me?

I twisted it while doing the high jump in track, and It hurts after a while of jogging.
I am sorry to hear that you have experiencing pain. The knee is largely a joint with ligaments and tendons attached. Between the joint, there is a structure called the meniscus that aids in our mobility. You mention that you were doing high jumps on the track field and twisted your knee. You now have a right sided pain on your left knee. Even with this injury, it sounds like you are still mobile but have pain after jogging. You could have injured one of the structures of the knee or may even have had a tear injury. It doesn't sound like a fracture though it is still possible. You should make an appointment to an orthopedic physician to have it evaluated. They could do a specific maneuvers to evaluate the joint and determine if anything is torn and if you need any type of surgery. They might recommend imaging such as an MRI to look at the soft tissues. Depending on those results, they could offer you surgery. If not, they could simply offer physical therapy to help in the healing process. For pain, you can take over the counter pain medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen. You should rest it for now to see if it gets better and please speak with an orthopedic physician.

• Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723