I have sore joints and muscles. Could this be reactive arthritis?

I recently pierced my ears at school and got a ear infection. My ear swelled up then I hada 104 degree fever. Once the fever and all went away I have been having joint and muscle pain. It doesn't hurt on some joints when I've got them latest out but.when I move them the wrong way they hurt
Reactive arthritis is a type of inflammatory arthritis that can sometimes occur after an infection. While any infection can cause reactive arthritis, the most common type of infection is chlamydia. An infection from having your ears pierced is most likely due to the bacteria Staphylococcus or streptococcus. These types of infections usually don't cause joint pains, but they certainly could. I think that you should probably look at your situation as potentially unrelated to the ear infection at first. I would start by scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician. The first step is for you to describe the pain in detail to your doctor. After that, your doctor should perform a detailed physical exam your joints to detect any swelling that may or may not be present. This is important as it can help rule in or rule out inflammatory arthritis versus other causes. In addition, if your doctor is worried about reactive arthritis or any other type of inflammatory arthritis, then he or she should consider obtaining blood tests such as CRP or ESR among others to see if inflammation is present. if inflammatory arthritis is detected, then you will need referral to a rheumatologist for further workup and potentially treatment. Please speak with your doctor and good luck.

Other Rheumatologists