ZocdocAnswersA lot of times lightheaded.What is wrong with me?

Question

A lot of times lightheaded.What is wrong with me?

When I go to bend over or stand up I'm lightheaded and my eyes always feel like there straining also sometimes at night my ear feels clogs. Doctor said my eyes are fine. But why such bad feelings I can't live comfortable always feeling faint or with headaches . My left should hurts also from neck down to my collar bone. Just aching pains like I pulled a muscle. Help I'm only 29 usually healthy for the past 3 months it's been hell.

Answer

There are several etiologies for lightheadedness, i recommend that you speak with your primary care doctor. It is important to differentiate that the lightheadedness is not vertigo, which is when you feel like the room is spinning. Lightheadedness is the sensation of almost fainting or passing out. The differential could be that you are not taking in enough fluids and do not have enough fluid to keep your blood pressure at a good level. If this is the case it can occur when you are going from a sitting to standing position. Another possibility is to ensure that you do not have an abnormal heart rhythm. Your heart pumps blood throughout your body and helps maintain your blood pressure. if your heart is beating too fast or in an abnormal rhythm, you could also have sensations of lightheadedness and palpitations. If you are a woman, you should also pay attention to your periods. Losing too much blood can also cause you to be lightheaded. You should also monitor for signs of infection since you have body aches. If you are feeling unwell, not taking in good oral intake, diarrhea, you may need IV fluids. You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to reevaluate your symptoms if they have not gone away.