ZocdocAnswersI take 20 mg Benicar HCT. Can I take Tylenol or any other sleep aid?

Question

I take 20 mg Benicar HCT. Can I take Tylenol or any other sleep aid?

What can I take to sleep if I take Benicar HCT?

Answer

I would suggest that you schedule appointment with her primary care physician. Benicar HCT is a mixture of two different blood pressure medications that are often work well together. The HCT stands for hydrochlorothiazide. Tylenol is a medication that were used for pain, fever, and headaches. It is generally not used alone for sleep. It is one of the most well-tolerated medications as long as it is used at the correct dose (i.e. over 4 grams per day). It also has very few if any interactions. Thus, Tylenol can you be taken with almost any other medication and with almost any condition. There are exceptions to this especially in patients that have significant liver failure and thus you should always contact your physician anytime you are considering starting another medication. In terms of a sleep aid, the answer to your question does depend somewhat on what type of sleep aid we are talking about but for the most part these medications at do also do not interact with Benicar and hydrochlorothiazide. Again, I would suggest that you schedule appointment with her primary care physician. The two of you can review your med list and her symptoms that warrant the use of Tylenol or on the other sleep aid. In addition you can get a prescription for the present medication for your situation. Good luck.