Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"I have been having weakness, paleness, bruising and I am constantly vomiting in the morning. What is wrong with me?"

ZocdocAnswersI have been having weakness, paleness, bruising and I am constantly vomiting in the morning. What is wrong with me?


for the past 6 months i have been uncontrolably vomiting in the morning. it doesnt matter when i go to sleep or how well i sleep once i wake up i have to run to the bathroom and go puke. im usually in there for two hours with nauia having to have the shower steeming up the room to not feel it. then about two three months ago i noticed brusing all over my legs( where i just bump into the table and stuff) less any where else but same thing if i just bump a part of my body anywhere i get a huge ark blue and black sometimes yellow bruse. and not even a few weeks ago i saw my parents and they were so worried about me being pale and fatigued they thought it was cause of drugs( i dont use drugs what so ever so im clean there). i dont know what is going on and its really starting to worry me. any advise?


I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with uncontrollable vomiting in the morning, pallor, easy bruising, and fatigue. It sounds like it has been going on for a while (you said 6 months), and that it is affecting your life so negatively. I can't tell from your question, but if you haven't been to your primary care physician yet, then I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to see them. There are a number of different questions that I want to ask you to help determine what might be going on, and what further work-up or testing needs to be done to properly figure out what's going on. For instance, I don't even know your gender, and if you are female then one of the first things I would do if you came to my office complaining of morning sickness would be to order a pregnancy test. There are many other problems that can cause nausea, but this is the first thought. The easy bruising and pallor can be worked up with some simple blood tests initially which can tell if you are anemic, etc. Nonetheless, no laboratory study can substitute for a good history and physical examination, which your primary care physician should be able to do. I wish you all the best.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.