Do I have a hernia?

Hello, A couple of days ago I noticed a small lump near the bottom right side of my scrotum, close to my right thigh. I thought it was able to be popped; it wasn't. I feel a slight pain when trying to squeeze it and it also feels internal, like it continues inside, as if the rest of whatever it is was hidden under skin. I wanted to know exactly what this is; maybe it's a hernia, or a harmless pimple? Nevertheless I don't like it. Any helpful answer would be appreciated. Thanks
You are describing a pump near your scrotum that is associated with mild pain. I recommend that you be examined by your primary care doctor. There is a possibility that it could be a inguinal hernia. Hernias develop when there is weakening of the abdominal musculature. There is an area called the inguinal canal where hernias can develop. Parts of the bowels can end up traveling in the inguinal canal and into the scrotum, which would cause an enlarged scrotum on one side. It is associated with pain. It is worsened with increased abdominal pressures such as coughing. Hernias can sometimes be pushed back in where they originated. There is risk of the hernia rotating on itself which would cut off the blood supply to that portion. This would cause a lot of pain. Other possibilities are epididymitis, hydrocele, or malignancy. Epididymitis is an infection of the epididymitis. It could be caused from sexually transmitted disease such as gonorrhea. A hydrocele is a fluid pocket that drained in an area of the scrotum. Malignancy should also be ruled out in this situation. You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to have your scrotum examined to determine if you need any further tests such as an ultrasound of the scrotum.

• Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Gladys Martinez
    Dr. Gladys Martinez DO
    1001 NW 13th Street
    Boca Raton, FL 33486
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251