ZocdocAnswersCan I take performance enhancing drugs?

Question

Can I take performance enhancing drugs?

I have been in the past diagnosed a heart condition of trivial MR/ MLP. I have taken medication for it and I am OK now. Is it dangerous for me to use performance enhancing drugs during intercourse?

Answer

Thank you for your question. In order to provide an accurate answer, I would need more information. I would need to know the full details of your medical record and also perform a thorough physical exam. I would also need to be able to review your echocardiogram in detail. Only after collecting this information would I be able to offer an opinion. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor to discuss these issues. Mitral valve prolapse refers to excess tissue on the mitral valve leaflets. Over time, this can lead to degradation of the valve, resulting in mitral regurgitation. There is no medication available to treat mitral prolapse, so it is not clear to me what medication you took for this issue. I encourage you to review this with a primary care doctor. As for the safety of medications to improve your sexual performance, I would need to know which medication you are planning to take. Certain medications, such as sildenafil, can cause issues with blood pressure and certain cardiac conditions. Other medications available over the counter may not be regulated by the FDA and could even contain known toxins. I strongly encourage you to see a primary care doctor for this issue.