I have a lump in my throat and it is difficult to swallow. Is it serious?

I also have an infected wisdom tooth... I've been getting dizzy. my ear feels like there's air in it. the GI doctor told me I had acid reflux and GERD and gastritis... I've lost 23 pounds in 1 month I'm on Nexium and carafate I know I need to get my tooth pulled but I have to get all my other stuff under control first. the lump in my throat and the trouble swallowing be the gerd?? and there's a bunch of gas caught in my throat and chest all the time. I constantly have to maneuver my throat to burp
So sorry to hear about your numerous problems and I recommend that you speak with your doctor or dentist soon. While I am not as aware of your full details and situation as your doctor and dentist likely are, it seems that treating your infected tooth may take priority over some of the other things that you mention in your question. Many of the things that you describe, such as acid reflux, are common and chronic problems that can be annoying but are rarely of such severity that they require hospitalization or surgery in the urgent setting. Your tooth, however, likely requires more immediate attention if it is truly infected, as I would be concerned that it could be affecting your swallow. Spreading infections of the teeth can involve other areas of the head and neck, and should therefore be treated promptly as directed by your doctor and your dentist. It is difficult to know the severity of the problems that you are describing in the absence of more complete information, but your doctor should be able to help you to start to feel better and direct the appropriate timing of the interventions that you may require. Please speak with your doctor or dentist to get treatment soon and appropriately.

Nearby Dentists

• Dr. Linda Winter
    Dr. Linda Winter DMD, FAGD
    Dentist
    1445 North Ridge Road

Other Dentists