ZocdocAnswersis having bumps around vagina something to worry about? what are the causes?

Question

is having bumps around vagina something to worry about? what are the causes?

Well I'm scared to tell my mom and I'm only twelve (I'm going through puberty) it hurts when I pee I'm really scared and I'm still a virgin

Answer

It's hard to know from your question what exactly is going on, but you should know that whenever you're scared about something like this it's ok, and advisable, to ask your doctor. It can feel embarrassing, but they see this stuff all the time and will be able to take a look and give you some advice. If you're having pain when you pee, it's possible that you have a urinary tract infection. I would definitely go see your doctor for this - they can check your urine for an infection and give you an antibiotic. It is possible to get sick from untreated urinary tract infections, so I would really strongly urge you to get this checked out. It is also possible that you are having pain when you pee if the skin of your labia s injured. Since you have noticed bumps it is possible that you are having some kind of inflammation there. You can have itchy and raw skin from different infections (not sexually transmitted), including a yeast infection which is easy to diagnose and treat. You can have different kinds of cysts, including cysts are the urethra, that can cause bumps and can sometimes drain. Inflammation of the hair follicles (called folliculitis) can cause bumps and also irritation and pain. Genital warts or herpes can also cause bumps, though these are usually sexually transmitted, and another harmless infection called molluscum contagiosum can also cause bumps. As you can see, the list of possibilities is very long, and ranges from totally harmless to important to treat. The best thing for you to do is to go see your doctor and get their advice.