Can you contract oral herpes 3 days after an infected person use your lipstick during an outbreak?

I did rolled up the lipstick and cut off the used portion, but might have transferred the disease onto the cut portion which I used on my lips. I failed to disinfect it .
Thanks for your question, I recommend that you speak with your doctor about this question. It's hard to say for sure that you will be safe from contracting the virus, but it does sound like you took some appropriate steps. Unfortunately, there are many ways to contract the virus, and without adequate hand washing it is possible that the virus can be spread readily as well. Most of the time, the virus is not spread via objects such as lipstick, but the fact that the person had an active infection does make it more risky given that the viral load is especially high at these times. Fortunately, the virus does not persist for an extremely long time on objects, and so it will likely have disinfected itself by now (although it is still a good idea to cleanse it thoroughly, or even just give it to the friend who used it!). The latency period, or the time from acquiring the virus until the first symptoms appear, usually varies from a few days to a few weeks. If you have not had the first manifestations of the virus in that time, there is a good chance that you may not have acquired the virus at all. Please speak with your doctor about this question.