Why does my head hurt when I look to the right?

whenever i look to the right, and only to the right, i get a short sharp shooting pain in the back left side of my head. it's not extreme pain but it's definitely noticable and doesn't feel good. it only lasts for a split second when moving my eyes toward the tight. it kind of puts pressure on it when i stay looking to the right.
Thanks for your question. I recommend that you speak with your doctors">doctor about this question. This sort of question can present a challenge for doctors and patients in many situations, in part because of the lack of other symptoms that are usually present with this sort of complaint. If, for example, you also had swelling in the same area, were losing weight, had a history of skin cancer, etc, this would be information that your doctor could work with. In the absence of some of these other details, it is harder to pinpoint exactly what the cause is. On the bright side, this is usually a good sign, meaning that this is unlikely to be anything significant (if there truly are no other symptoms--which, of course, would require speaking with your doctor to fully verify). When turning or looking to one side causes pain, there is a chance that this could be due to some sort of muscle strain or nerve pain. Muscle strains and aches can be caused by stress, tension, poor posture, and a host of other common issues that we all run into from time to time. Warm compresses and over the counter anti inflammatory can help some people. Nerve pain can be more complicated. Again, please speak with your doctor about this.