Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"What are the possible diagnoses for the symptoms I am having and how can I treat it without insurance?"

ZocdocAnswersWhat are the possible diagnoses for the symptoms I am having and how can I treat it without insurance?


two years ago (i had ins then) had spinal staph. spent 7 mos in hosp (3 mos before i woke up). had to relearn everything. the drs here call me a med miracle. then had to have hysterectomy cuz uterus was "eating itself" & was passing clots hard-boiled egg size. I'm still easily tired, when i get sick (often) it takes 3x longer to get over it. now have edema in both feet & lower legs (worse on left) sometimes accompanied by severe itching


Thanks for your question. Your significant medical history suggests that you need to speak with someone about your problems, and that you will likely need long term medical follow up to make sure that there is not something serious causing your symptoms. It can be very difficult when you don't have insurance, but there are things that can be done to help. Most hospitals will have case managers and others who can work with people to help them get set up for some sort of state assistance or other programs to get reduced costs for their medical care. Almost everyone can qualify for some sort of assistance in most situations, provided that there is a financial need. While it can be hard to get through all of the red tape to find out who to speak with, your doctor can often help direct you to the right people. In other situations, a free clinic may be available in your community and may offer assistance that you need. Leg swelling can be a sign of many different things ranging from heart problems to kidney problems, blood disorders, and many other things. It can be a sign of something serious. Please speak with a doctor soon.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.