I have numbness that moves around from feet to arms to face? What could it be?

I am 57 male. I've had this for last year or so Started in my thumbs then moved to forearms. About 6 months ago it moved to feet then to arms lower face now in my left shoulder shooting tingles down my arm to fingers.
It sounds like you to develop some type of peripheral neuropathy. A peripheral neuropathy is a condition where nerves in your extremities have become damaged. There are many different causes for this problem, and you might require significant diagnostic testing to determine the cause of this. That is why it is important for you to speak with a neurologist. The most common cause of peripheral neuropathy is diabetes. If you have diabetes, or have never been tested for diabetes, then the first step is to test you for diabetes, or to get better control of your diabetes, if you have it. If you do not have diabetes, then other possibilities will need to be considered. Significant alcohol intake can cause peripheral neuropathy. Certain autoimmune conditions and even certain cancers can be a cause of peripheral neuropathy. Because the list is so long, you need to be seen by a specialist. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with a neurologist. A neurologist will want to perform an electromyogram, or EMG for short, which is a test that can help determine what type of neuropathy you have. In addition, some blood tests will rule in or rule out other causes. Finally, you can obtain some treatment for this neuropathy which might include the medication gabapentin, Lyrica, or one of the other neuropathic pain medications.

Other Neurologists