What is this bump on my eyelid?

For about 9 months, I've had a bump on my right eyelid. It was clear fluid filled looking. It has not grown or shrunk from what I can tell. I went to the doctor and they told me to see an eye doctor so that's what I'm waiting on but in the meantime, I'm worried about it. I'm 22 years old and the bump is not attractive. What could this be?
Thank you for your question, and I am pleased to hear that you are already following up with the proper doctor or doctors to make sure that you address your problem. Now, let's start with things that this could be. First, with any bump or swelling, doctors (and patients) will think about whether or not it could be cancer. Based on the history that you have provided, this does seem to be less likely as cancer is not very common in 22 year old people unless there is more to the story that you haven't provided (of course, please speak with your doctor as this is not something that should be taken lightly or a question that can be answered fully over the internet). One of the more common things that lesions around the eyes can be involve the tear ducts or sweat glands. These can become infected or have other things that can block the drainage of tears or sebum, which can lead to some swelling around the eyes as you are suggesting. There are also benign skin growths that can pop up in many different parts of the body including around the eyes, which would need to be evaluated by a doctor in order to be fully identified. Please speak with your doctor about your question.

Other Ophthalmologists