Do I have Dvt or Raynauds?

My right foot pooled with blood. It was very cold. Doc said raynauds. After hearing 'cold'. But my foot went red then purple. It did not go white then red. Driving home (very short distance), the blood pooled in my heel. The soles of my feet are cold now 2 days later in an extremely warm room. I have been examined for heart, chest problems for past 3 months. The general medical opinion is that I am 'overly anxious'. I have been getting pains in my lower right leg (just above ankle) for a few weeks prior to this episode. I am a heavy smoker and very inactive. Was it Raynauds, or am I correct, and it was a dvt? Thanks.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, and it sounds like they have been quite distressing for some time. In order to provide an accurate diagnosis, a physician would need to review your entire medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. They would also need to review any prior imaging tests. Therefore, I recommend you schedule an appointment with a cardiologist who specializes in vascular medicine. After collecting this information, they will be able to discuss possible causes and treatment options. Swelling of a lower extremity has many potential causes. Trauma can cause swelling due to disruption of small blood vessels. A blood clot in a vein, or DVT, can cause swelling due to venous congestion. Disruption of the lymphatic system, such as from a prior surgery, can also cause swelling. You will need to discuss these possibilities with a cardiologist. Coldness of an extremity can be a normal phenomenon. However, it could also be due to impaired arterial perfusion of the foot, which may require measurement of an ankle-brachial index to diagnose. Raynaud's is an autoimmune phenomenon causing impaired perfusion, typically of the fingers, when exposed to cold. Again, I encourage you to discuss these concerns with a cardiologist.

Other Cardiologists