I'll feel a tingling sensation in my heart that will simultaneously flow up my carotid artery. What could it be?

I have heart adrenaline rush but not pulse increase or exercise when it comes. It'll mostly come when I'm laying down. I'll feel a tingling sensation in my heart that will simultaneously flow up my carotid artery. It will happen a couple times per minute and last, on and off for about 10 minutes and come back later.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, and I can understand why they are concerning. I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist. It is not possible to provide an accurate diagnosis without a thorough, in-person evaluation, and you may require additional testing before a diagnosis can be made. In general, your heart rate increases during periods when your organs require additional oxygen and nutrients, such as during exercise, anxiety, fatigue, fever, or pain. Your heart rate can also increase abnormally during an arrhythmia. Some common arrhythmias include atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, atrial tachycardia, and AV nodal reentrant tachycardia. During arrhythmias, patients often experience fatigue, lightheadedness, and palpitations. It is possible the tingling sensation and carotid flow you experience are from an arrhythmia. Some individuals are exquisitely sensitive to their own heart beat, and it may simply be that you are more aware of your normal heart beat while in certain positions, such as lying flat. However, it is impossible to know this without a more thorough investigation. I encourage you to see a cardiology. An initial evaluation consists of a history, physical exam, and EKG. Depending on these findings, you may need a treadmill test or 24-hour EKG.

Nearby Cardiologists

Other Cardiologists