I am suffering from back pain and I am not able to sit or stand. What should I do?

i am suffering from back pain from last 2 days. m not able to sit and stand so i m only lying down.it could be nervous pain . help me. i m at ship, so no doctor available here till 10 days
Low back pain is one of the most common symptoms that plague millions of patients, and I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Low back pain that comes on suddenly without any preceding injury is usually due to some type of muscle spasm. These muscle spasms can be due to many different causes but underlying arthritis or degenerative disc disease of the lumbar spine is sometimes the underlying cause. Before you get a chance to see a physician, the best thing to do is to stay active. This of course is only the advice the physicians give if there is no neurological compromise. In other words, if you are experiencing weakness, numbness, or radiating pain down into your legs, you should seek evaluation for this problem immediately. If the pain is only localized in the low back and you are not experiencing any of these other symptoms specifically the weakness and the numbness, then muscle spasm is the most likely and staying active is the best course of action before you get evaluated. When somebody presents to my office with new low back pain and I have no reason to suspect a major neurological compromise in the lumbar spine, I usually recommend a course of physical therapy aimed at stretching and strengthening the core muscles the lumbar spine. Again, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician for this problem.

Other Chiropractors