Do I have pink eye and how can I treat it fast?

Woke up this morning with crust all over my eye. I washed it off and I saw it was red. Its still red but a little of the redness has gone away is it pink eye? If it is, how do I treat it fast?
Thanks for the question. The symptoms that you are describing do appear to be consistent with pink eye, although there are other things that can cause these same symptoms. I recommend that you speak with your doctor. Having red eyes can be another manifestation of a viral upper respiratory tract infection (URI). Some of these viruses will affect different body parts, and some can have symptoms that predominantly affect one organ system. However, it is common for viral URIs to be associated with runny noses, sore throats, and the sort of other symptoms that can come with the common cold. Bacterial pink eye is different, as it is more likely to affect only one eye, and is more likely to have crusts and goop that can fill the eye. While neither is pleasant and the symptoms of one can exactly replicate the other, bacterial conjunctivitis tends to respond better to antibiotic drops. Viral pink eye does not, as there is no bacteria responsible for the symptoms. Other problems such as trauma can cause similar symptoms, and so it is important to make sure that you are treating the right thing, especially if vision is affected. Please speak with your doctor about your condition and the appropriate next step.