I am always having UTI's. What's going on down there?

i am 35 and have a iud in place. I have burnning, itching, and don't know why I keep getting uti every month.
I recommend that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. From the description of your symptoms, I do think that it is possible that you are having urinary tract infections, but I cannot tell for sure. Certainly burning with urination is one of the symptoms that can go along with a urinary tract infection. However, itching is not really one of those symptoms that is terribly common. Other symptoms that go along with the UTI include pelvic pain, fevers, and urinary frequency. To diagnose a UTI, your doctor needs to obtain a urine sample and perform a urinalysis. Urinalysis can often be helpful to diagnose a UTI, but your doctor should also send off a urine culture just to find out for sure if there are bacteria growing in your urine. Once you've established that your symptoms are due to a UTI, then you can discuss why they are occurring frequently and what treatment options are out there including antibiotics. However, if your urinalysis does not show that you are having a UTI, then your doctors need to look for other causes symptoms. I would probably start by doing a pelvic exam to look at discharge you are having that might suggest a yeast infection or another infection such as bacterial vaginosis. I think for this problem, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN.

Nearby OB-GYNs