I accidentally took 4 acetaphetamines. Am I going to be alright?

I am 13 and weight 120 lbs. I meant to take three and lost track.
Most likely you're going to be fine assuming that you took an acetaminophen pill that was of the usual size. However, I recommend that you discuss this with your primary care physician. Even if you took the extra strength size of 650 mg, this should only amount to 2600 mg which is well below the upper limit of normal for someone your weight. The major exception to this would be if you have some type of liver disease, then they acetaminophen maybe harmful no matter how much you take, and especially in the dose you took. In general, we recommend that people take no more than 4 g or 4000 mg of acetaminophen in a 24-hour period. If you took less than that, and as long as you did not take any more the rest the day, and you should be fine. I generally recommend that people take the 500 mg tablets acetaminophen. It is easier to keep track of how much you've taken. This way you can avoid exceeding the 4 g limit. Set a 3 g limit on yourself, that way you don't have to worry if you forget that you took a dose or two. For these kinds of questions, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. The two of you can discuss medication lists, how it might interact with your past medical history if you have any, and what medications are safe to take together.

Other Psychiatrists